Monday, July 16, 2012

Having a Happy Birthday After a Loved One Dies

American Physical Therapy Association - Having a Happy Birthday After a Loved One Dies
Advertisements
The content is nice quality and helpful content, Which is new is that you just never knew before that I know is that I have discovered. Prior to the unique. It's now near to enter destination Having a Happy Birthday After a Loved One Dies. And the content associated with American Physical Therapy Association.

Do you know about - Having a Happy Birthday After a Loved One Dies

American Physical Therapy Association! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

September 27th was my birthday. When my husband left for work he kissed me and said, "Happy Birthday Hon." After three deaths in the house I did not think I would have a happy day at all. "I'll try," I replied.

What I said. It is not outcome that the real about American Physical Therapy Association. You read this article for information about that need to know is American Physical Therapy Association.

How is Having a Happy Birthday After a Loved One Dies

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from American Physical Therapy Association.

Three deaths are too much. For months I had been walking colse to in a fog or thinking about the basics of life. Who was I? What do I do? Could I still do it? Would I be happy again? Daniel Goleman, PhD discusses the body's responses to happiness in his book, "Emotional Intelligence."

According to Goleman happiness increases activity "in a brain center that inhibits negative feelings and fosters an growth in available energy, and a quieting of those that originate worrisome thought." Happiness also gives the body a occasion to rest, he says, and generates enthusiasm and vigor for pursuing our goals.

I did not have much vigor lately. Three successive deaths had generated hundreds of worrisome thoughts. I was not sleeping well. The financial and legal paperwork came in faster than I could process it. Though I made daily "To Do" lists, at the end of the day the lists were longer, not shorter.

Since I have been in crisis before I have good coping skills. I have learned how to care for myself. Kelly Osmont, Msw writes about self-care in a booklet titled "More Than Surviving: Caring for Yourself While You Grieve." "Your life is important," she writes "To procure a sense of control over your own life, start by taking charge of its direction now."

What an empowering idea! I could take charge of my birthday. Maybe I would not have a "Happy Birthday" in the lowly sense of the phrase, but I could have a efficient and meaningful one. How did I spend the day? I did some of the things I love most.

Cooking is one of my passions. Fall apples had arrived in the grocery store. I baked some apple-cinnamon muffins. The smell of the baking muffins was comforting and took me back to childhood. I froze the muffins for an additional one day.

Decorating is an additional one passion. We had needed a bedside table in the guest room for years. I ordered a table from a catalog store and paid for it with reputation card points. It was roughly like getting a table for free. The table will be delivered next week.

Volunteering is also a passion and I volunteer for health organizations. I was working on a food outreach project. This was the exquisite day to finalize details and write the press issue -- tasks that took hours. When my husband returned from work he asked, "How are you?"

"Fine," I said. "I had a efficient and meaningful day. I worked on the food project, ordered a bedside table, and baked muffins." My husband wanted to take me out for dinner, but I wanted to stay home. We had an easy supper, clam chowder and apple pie a la mode, and went to bed early. I snuggled in my husband's arms, whispered "Happy Birthday," and went to sleep.

Copyright 2007 by Harriet Hodgson

I hope you obtain new knowledge about American Physical Therapy Association. Where you possibly can put to easy use in your life. And above all, your reaction is American Physical Therapy Association.Read more.. Having a Happy Birthday After a Loved One Dies. View Related articles associated with American Physical Therapy Association. I Roll below. I have suggested my friends to assist share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Having a Happy Birthday After a Loved One Dies.


No comments:

Post a Comment